Academic Entry Requirements
- All entrants must hold a first degree of a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent qualification.
- Have attained at least a grade 4 in the GCSE examination (or equivalent*) in Mathematics, English, and Science (Science is required for all entrants including those born before 01/09/79.)
- Have passed the QTS Skills Tests in numeracy and literacy.
* If you don't have a GCSE in Mathematics, Science and or English then you can do an Equivalent test at www.equivalencytesting.com
Non-Academic Entry Requirements
- Meet the Secretary of State’s requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach.
- Have not previously been excluded from teaching or working with children.
- Have successfully completed DBS checks.
- Present strong references, one of which should be from a main tutor of the most recent University attended (or current employer if you left University more than five years ago.)
- Pay course deposit of £100. The deposit is refundable when the course is completed successfully.
What we are looking for
- We look for individuals who have the potential to be inspirational teachers.
- You should be enthusiastic and committed with a love of learning.
- You should be polite, considerate and positive with an ability to form strong working relationships with children and colleagues.
- You should have strong, foundation skills and subject knowledge that, combined with the attitudes above and our support, will allow you to progress well against the QTS standards.